BETTER PERFORMANCE | BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
PROVEN TECHNOLOGY | NITROGEN REDUCTION | COMPLETE TREATMENT
AquaKlear systems protect the environment by completely treating wastewater generated by ordinary household and small commercial activities. Our innovative Clarifying Trio effectively reduces nutrients and suspended solids by over 98% and Total Nitrogen by over 50%. The final result is a highly clarified effluent that can be dispersed via Geoflow subsurface drip or any other chosen method.
|NSF/ANSI Certification Summary|
|NSF/ANSI Standard||Standard 40||Standard 40||Standard 245|
|Date of Final Report||Nov 2005||March 2010||October 2010|
|System Description||500 gpd WITHOUT pretreatment tank; skimmer returns solids to aeration zone||600 gpd with pretreatment tank; skimmer returns solids to pretreatment tank||600 gpd with pretreatment tank; skimmer returns solids to pretreatment tank|
|CBOD5||10 mg/L||8 mg/L||9 mg/L|
|TSS||11 mg/L||9 mg/L||8 mg/L|
|pH range||6.1 – 8.2||6.9 – 7.9||6.9 – 7.9|
|Total Nitrogen Reduction||–||–||50.3%|
|Test Period||Aug 2004 – Feb 2005||May 2008 – Jan 2009||June 2008 – Jan 2009*|
* AquaKlear’s 6-month certification test was conducted in Louisiana. In September 2008, after just ten weeks of testing & sampling, Hurricane Gustav interrupted the performance evaluation, which required another 3-week start-up period. Despite the additional stress to the system, the AquaKlear system successfully passed Standard 245 certification.
Proven Technology. Complete Treatment.
- NSF/ANSI Certified extended-aeration activated sludge process features the innovative Clarifying Trio
- The patented AK Skimmer completes treatment by automatically returning floatable solids present in the clarifier back to the aeration or pretreatment tank
- The controller operates the entire system & monitors air pressure & water levels
- Audible & visual alarms alert owners to problems
Protects the Environment.
- Addresses difficult site issues including poor soils & high groundwater
- Conserves water by recycling & reusing the treated effluent for landscape irrigation
- Provides critical Nitrogen-reduction for the most environmentally-sensitive areas
Versatile Design Options.
- Five sizes for daily flows from 500 to 1500+ gpd
- Choose either lightweight fiberglass or rugged concrete models
- A pretreatment tank is OPTIONAL for daily flows less than 500 gpd
Supports Any Dispersal Method.
- Conventional gravity
- Pumped dispersal, including Geoflow subsurface drip
- Pretreatment tank, equalization tank & pump tank
- Pump package with headwork’s & timer dosing controller
- Subsurface drip dispersal by Geoflow, Inc.
- Telemetry & remote monitoring by RMSYS, Inc.
- Ultraviolet disinfection light by Salcor, Inc.
Classroom & Hands-On Field Training.
- Hands-on field training for proper installation & maintenance methods
- Free 30-minute “Informational Seminars” to learn all about AquaKlear: how-it-works, key differences, performance, model sizes & more
- See our miniature working table-top model & watch the Clarifying Trio in action
Download and read some case studies:
Case Study Tiny Hillside Lot with Very Steep Slopes
Manuals and info:
AquaKlear Owners Manual